5 Easy Recipes To Make To Celebrate Mardi Gras
Lent is on the horizon and that means all of the rich foods around must be celebrated. This is why Mardi Gras is one of the biggest celebrations around in most countries. And, Mardi Gras literally means Fat Tuesday in French. This means it is most definitely a major eating feast that people can enjoy during the celebrations.
In fact, you don’t even have to celebrate Lent to enjoy these feasts because anyone can enjoy Mardi Gras. And, if you are looking for Mardi Gras meal ideas that you can celebrate with your family, then you are in luck! Because you are about to learn about 5 of the easiest and highly delicious Mardi Gras recipes that you and your family can enjoy:
1. Crawfish Boil
Crawfish which are also known as crawdads or crayfish are extremely popular in New Orleans, and this dish is one of the biggest hits for Mardi Gras. Additionally, this recipe is very easy to make. The first thing you need to do is take out a huge pot and have the following recipe items on hand:
- 2 3-ounce packages of crab boil
- 1 1/2 of a pound of small red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper
- 6 small peeled onions
- 1 gallon of water
- 4 to halved 6 ears of corn
- 1 coarsely chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup of hot sauce
- 1/4 cup of salt
- 2 stalks of coarsely chopped celery
- 1 halved head garlic
- 3 large halved lemons
- 5 pounds live crawfish that are rinsed in salt water and purged
Once you have those recipes on hand, all you need to do is take the large pot and add the water, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, salt, and crabs and bring it to a boil. Once the pot is boiling then you will want to add the celery, onions, potatoes, garlic, bell peppers, and corn. Allow them to simmer for about 10 minutes.
Once that part is done, then add the crawfish into the pot and squeeze the lemons over it as well, and throw the lemons in after. Stir the mixture and cover the pot again, and bring it up to a boil. Once the shells turn red, then that is a sign the pot is ready. The cook time is 8 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
2. Cajun Pork Tenderloin
This is a very popular Mardi Gras dish that so many people absolutely enjoy! And there is a good chance you have the ingredients to make this meal other than the pork. Here is what you need to have for this recipe:
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried and crumbled thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons of dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons of dried crumbled oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings or vegetable oil
- 2 pork tenderloins that are a pound and a quarter
Now you have the ingredients the first thing to do is to preheat the oven to 425 Fahrenheit. Then stir the cayenne, onion flakes, paprika, thyme, oregano, and oil together. And the salt and pepper as well, and cover the mixture over the loins. Put them on the foil-covered baking pan, and put them in the oven so they are roasted. As long as it is brown and pink in the center, they are ready to enjoy. The time it will take to make this meal is 25 minutes and it needs to stand for 5 minutes before it is served.
3. Oysters Rockefeller
If you love oysters, you are in luck! You are going to want to take advantage of this quick and easy Mardi Gras recipe. This delectable recipe dish was established at Antoine’s Restaurant in New Orleans back in 1899, and it is a huge hit in the Cajun community. The one sauce you will need to use for this recipe is the Rockefeller Sauce Base which in itself is easy to make.
The other ingredients are straight forward. This is what you will need for this recipe:
- Rockefeller Sauce Base
- Rock salt
- 2 and 1/2 dozen oysters in their shells and drained
The first step to take is to preheat the oven to 400 Fahrenheit and add a layer of rock salt that measures at 1/2 inch on a large baking sheet where you will put the oysters. Then add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the sauce as well on the oysters. Then put the baking sheet in the oven, and once it is browned, it will be ready. The time will take about 20 minutes to do. Be sure to use a spatula to transfer the oysters onto the plates and enjoy.
4. Louisiana Shrimp Bake
This shrimp dish is enjoyed among Cajuns and this is a perfect easy Mardi Gras recipe that anyone can enjoy. Be sure to have the following ingredients to make it happen:
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds of large fresh peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper if you choose
Now the first thing you do with this is to preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and take a 9- x 13-inch baking pan and coat it with cooking spray. Place the shrimp on the pan in single layers. Then in a bowl mix the ingredients together well and then pour it over the shrimp. Bake for 8 minutes and by then the shrimp will be pink and ready to be served.
5. Mardi Gras Jambalaya
How you could not add the Mardi Gras Jambalaya to your feast? This tasty and super easy recipe is going to be loved by your family! You will need the following ingredients to make this delicious dish:
- 4 teaspoons of Creole seasoning
- 2 green or red bell coarsely chopped peppers
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons of Creole seasoning
- 1 large coarsely chopped onion
- 1 cup of uncooked long or wholegrain rice
- 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 of cup dry white wine
- 1 can of crushed undrained tomatoes
- 1 pound of boneless and skinless chicken breast that is cut into chunks that are 1-inch
- 1 pound of smoked turkey sausage or andouille sausage that is cut into slices that are 1-inch
- 1/2 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp
Now that you have the ingredients, mix it together, and then take out a large pot and place the mixture into the pot. Allow it to boil for 15 minutes. Then allow it to simmer after that for a half an hour. Once it is done, enjoy!
Now with these 5 amazing and easy Mardi Gras recipes, you and your family can enjoy one of the most celebrated feasts. Do you have any ingredients for Mardi Gras dishes that you want to add? We would love to hear them!