South Coast Property Management maintains membership in the following professional property management and homeowners association organizations. We are actively committed to following best practices and setting standards of excellence within our industry.
CAI (Community Associations Institute)
A national organization that provides information and education to community associations and the professionals who support them. Click Here for more information about the Community Associations Institute
CACM (California Association of Community Managers)
South Coast is an Accredited Community Management Business (ACBM), Business Plus Member. Designed to help community managers and management companies achieve excellence in the industry. For more information about the California Association of Community Managers.
South Coast Property Management as a company has achieved the ACMB Accredition (Accredited Community Management Business) from the California Association of Community Managers. Scott D. Smith, Principal of South Coast Property Management has achieved his CCAM (Certified Community Association Manager) designation; CCAM-PM (Certified Community Association Manager – Portfolio Manager) designation and CAMEx (California Association Management Executive) designation from the California Association of Community Managers and is in process of achieving MCAM (Master of Community Association Management) designation.
Founded in 1991, the California Association of Community Managers (CACM) is the only organization in California whose membership is comprised entirely of community association managers and association practitioners. As such, it is the leading resource for California-specific education, events, activities, products, services and networking opportunities to help managers and management companies achieve excellence in the industry.
Since 1992 CACM has been providing community managers with the opportunity to become a Certified Community Association Manager® (CCAM®). Earning the CCAM certification shows you’re committed to achieving a professional standard in technical competency and ethics, as well as maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
- Ensures your manager has the necessary technical skills and competency requirements needed to deliver outstanding service to their clients
- Demonstrates a commitment to upgrading skills and lifelong learning
- Increases your managers credibility and provides them with a competitive edge in dealing with your community issues
- Ensures your manager adheres to a strict Code of Ethics which governs how they conduct business on your behalf
- Heightens your manager’s professionalism and success which will in turn provides for a higher quality of service to your community